Sub-Zero Wolf has been on the cutting edge of technology for decades, so it’s no surprise that they have tailored several styles of kitchen appliances to suit the tastes and needs of homeowners.
They offer products in traditional, transitional, contemporary and professional styles. But the outside design is only a part of the appeal. There is some remarkable technology on the inside of their beautiful refrigerators and stoves.
Refrigerators and Coolers
Integrated Refrigerator Drawers & Coolers: Integrated refrigeration is a primary difference between Sub-Zero and other brands. Integrated refrigerators merge seamlessly with any décor, without any visible hinges or grilles. You can integrate individual refrigeration modules anywhere in the house – from a cooler drawer in the den to a wine cooler in the guest room. Multiple and individual placements of drawers and refrigerator cabinets make the options almost endless.
Two Compressors: In a typical refrigerator you have one compressor. Sub-Zero uses separate evaporators and compressors for the refrigerator and the freezer. This means there is no sharing of air between the two units. Refrigerators maintain their own moist, cool air while the freezer locks in its own dry air. This feature preserves food better and prevents odor transfer between units.
Vacuum Seal: Sub-Zero has a patented vacuum door seal system. In order to maintain optimal temperature, all four sides on the unit vacuum seal when you close the door. Some refrigerator models have drawers that are magnetized to lock in freshness as well.
Microprocessor Controlled System: This system allows the units to hold a consistent temperature. Sub-Zero maintains the temperature to within one degree of the set temperature at all times during normal use. This is very impressive when you consider that some other refrigerators can see temperature swings of up to 14 degrees. Consistent temperature helps food stay fresh far longer.
Air Purification Filter: Spoilage of food is slowed down because of an antimicrobial air scrubber which scrubs the air of ethylene, mold, viruses and bacteria in 20-minute cycles to help eliminate cross contamination.
Nanotechnology Shelving: Liquid spills, the bane of any refrigerator owner. Even if you think you have mopped up every last bit, you may still find liquid weeks later. Not with a Sub-Zero. Because every shelf is coated with nanotechnology, a hydrophobic substance, spills congeal instead of spreading to other parts. No liquid can flow off of a shelf because it is contained within a small area.
Wolf is the cooking division of Sub-Zero. Since 2000, Wolf has been on the forefront of cooking innovation. For instance, they first pioneered twin convection cooking and then revolutionized convection by replacing fans with high speed blowers. Their dual fuel pro ranges offer better infrared grills and twin convection. The M-series wall ovens will calculate time, temperature and even optimum rack position. All you have to input is the food type and how you want it cooked.
The Wolf Stove comes in 3 series – All Gas, Dual Fuel and Induction. Wolf stove top’s feature combinations such as all-burners, griddle, charbroil grill, French top and glass electric induction.
Gas Ranges 30”, 36”, 48”, 60”
- Feature all gas cooktop and oven
- Dual stacked, sealed burners – 2 burners in one. Upper produces 15,000 BTU power, while the lower tier allows for 300 BTU for simmering.
- Sealed burners ensure spills are easily controlled.
- Continuous cast iron grates allow for easy movement of cookware, they are easy to clean and dishwasher safe.
- Sensors detect if a flame goes out while cooking, and automatically reignites.
- Oven uses a single convection fan – convection heating allows for a more even heat, so you bake and roast at a lower temperature.
- Configure the cooktop to suit your style with griddle, broiler or French top.
Dual Fuel Ranges 30”, 36”, 48”, 60”
- Feature a gas flame cooktop and an electric oven.
- Cooktop is similar to the gas range, but the upper burner can produce 20,000 BTU power, making searing and boiling extremely fast.
- Wolf dual fuel ranges feature 10 settings – Bake, Roast, Proof, Dehydrate, Bake Stone, Convection, Convection Bake, Convection Roast, Convection Broil, and Broil.
- Wolf dual fuel ranges feature a dual convection electric oven with four heating elements for consistent heat across all racks.
- Configure with griddle, broiler or French top.
Induction Ranges, 30”, 36” (exclusive to Wolf)
- The induction cooktop does not get hot, the cookware does.
- Induction burners cook much faster than even the 20,000 BTU gas burner.
- Simmering is faster and more instant.
- Safety is uppermost. Induction only turns on when magnetic pans are sensed.
- You don’t need a range hood. Induction releases very little heat.
- Messes are much easier to clean since the cooktop does not get very hot. Stains don’t bake on.
- Ovens are dual electric convection ovens.
- Induction only works with cooktop burners.
C&W Appliance Service technicians are handpicked, rigorously screened and factory-trained to ensure that your premium appliances keep running at their best for many years to come. We are a Sub-Zero Premier Partner serving Dallas, Fort Worth, Austin, San Antonio, and everywhere in between.
Call us at (855) 358-1496 or contact us online for the prompt, professional service that’s kept customers coming back for more than 60 years.